Are you looking to apply for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits due to a disabling injury or illness? If so, you have likely considered whether or not you should hire an attorney to assist you with your claim. Choosing to hire an attorney for your SSD claim can be an extremely worthwhile investment for a number of reasons.
First, an attorney who is well-versed in SSD law can greatly increase your chances of approval. While it is certainly true that some individuals who apply on their own end up being approved, the likelihood of this happening is slim. The SSD application process is notoriously complex, with the denial rate being more than 60% for individuals who file on their own without legal help. In many cases, claim denials are the result of simple clerical errors, technicalities, or inaccuracies, causing claimants to give up or experience costly delays in their claim. A legal professional can guide you step by step through proper filing procedures and maximize your chances of receiving the benefits you deserve the first time around, without any unnecessary delays.
From the beginning process of filling out the necessary paperwork to submitting appeals and more, disability lawyers understand the SSD process and know how to present a case in a way that positions their clients for success and fosters efficient and rapid completion.
A social security disability lawyer can provide the following benefits:
- They can file all forms and documentation for your application, reconsideration, and hearing.
- They can review all medical records and gather all information needed to move your application through the system as quickly as possible.
- They can review your social security file for weaknesses and propose strategies to counter these insufficiencies.
- They can answer all of your questions and keep you informed of the status of your claim.
- They can help you schedule and remind you of all medical appointments with SSD doctors.
- They can represent you at any necessary appeals and hearings.
Most importantly, most SSD attorneys will not charge you a fee unless they are successful in securing the benefits you deserve. Your attorney will not make more than you do, and you will never be required to pay any up-front costs.
Simplify Your Disability Claim – Call (888) 602-3906
At United States Disability Center, our Social Security Disability lawyers are passionate about helping individuals in their time of need and can provide the strong legal guidance you need to navigate through the SSD process with ease. Backed by a proven track record of success, we have what it takes to walk you through your claim and fight for the benefits you deserve.
Get in touch with a member of our team today to discuss your situation in detail.