How to Apply for Social Security Disability
SSD Attorney Serving California & Nationwide
Suffering from an injury that leaves you disabled can be difficult. You may not be able to return to work and your family may experience financial strain as a result. Social Security Disability benefits are available to individuals who are unable to work due to a medical condition that lasts for more than 12 months. These benefits are paid out until you reach retirement age, unless you no longer qualify due to returning to work that increases your income or an improvement in your condition.
Why Hire a Disability Lawyer to Help You File?
Although you do not have to use a lawyer when filing for disability benefits, you can significantly increase the chances of your benefits being approved. The benefits process can be incredibly complex, and many claims are initially denied due to technicalities or inaccuracies. An attorney can review your application to ensure it is accurate and filed in a timely manner. When you get to the appeals stage, a lawyer can also advocate for you during hearings.
United States Disability Center is here to guide you through the entire process, working towards getting you the benefits you deserve.
How to apply for Social Security Disability Insurance:
- You can file for benefits online or with the help of an attorney
You will need to provide information such as:
- Social Security number
- Birth certificate
- Names, addresses, phone numbers, and other contact information of doctors and hospitals who provided medical care to you
- Information on prescription medication you take
- Medical records, lab results
- Information on your occupation and type of work you did
- The date you become unable to work
- Copy of your recent W-2 form
Questions about filing an application? Consultations are free. Contact the experienced and knowledgeable team at United States Disability Center now!